August 26, 2008

A Frequently Asked Question answered...


Q: I loved that lamb pelt you used at the photo session, where can I get one for my baby?


A: I am asked this question at nearly every photo session where I use my lambskin, because babies sleep so well on them. It is very important that you purchase a lamb pelt that is processed especially for babies, avoiding harsh chemicals next to their skin. Here is some information about the Wool Pelt:

"Lamb pelts have the unique ability to keep your little ones warm in the colder months and cool in the warmer months. This is in part to the lamby's uncanny ability to absorb 30% of its weight in moisture. Sheepskin is naturally allergy free. The wool fibers are hollow, allowing for circulation of air around your little ones body. These lamb pelts are a natural product, they do not shed, are seed free and pesticide free. These lambskins can be easily cared for. The lamby can either be hand or machine washed.

Sleep time for small children has been known to double when placed on a sheepskin at naptime. Lambskin encourages tactile stimulation so necessary for children's growth and development.
"

I purchased my lambskin from a site that I personally know is local, and very reputable (I have photographed the owner's family). I recommend the "unshorn" pelt.

Click Here to visit waldorftreasures.com to get your own.


No comments: