May 24, 2008

Bonus PR in the neighbornood

I woke up this morning at 6 am to crowds of people walking past our house looking for good deals at the annual Terrace Block sale. For those of you that have been following my blog, you know we just moved to the historic Fresno High area last month. Our new neighborhood has block sales all spring with Terrace being the biggest and most anticipated block.

After 2 hours of rummaging through my new neighbors unwanted possessions, I decided to take advantage of the extra foot traffic going past our house and set up a display of my art. This last minute effort to let the community know about my photography was quite the unexpected success. The oohs and ahhs as pedestrians passed by my display of baby photographs, many of them complimenting my talent and expressing interest in my services.

I had a chance to meet many of my neighbors, catch up with past clients and even had future clients stop by and introduce them selfs. I was both exhausted and delighted after a day of speaking with hundreds of interested parents and grandparents. Thank you everyone for making my efforts today worthwhile.

No comments: